Saturday, December 10, 2011

Ecofootprint Results

          After taking the ecofootprint quiz, my results came out to 4.3 earths.  If everyone lived like me, we’d need 4.3 Planet Earths to provide enough resources.  To support my lifestyle, it takes 16.9 global acres of Earth’s productive area (17.8 tons of carbon dioxide).  To reduce my footprint, I could purchase products that use less packaging or that was made out of 100% post-consumer recycled content material.  I don’t really pay attention to the packaging on the products I buy.  It wouldn’t be hard to teach myself to pay more attention to the packaging while grocery shopping.  I could also reduce the amount of animal products I eat.  I tend to eat a lot of chicken; just because it’s really the only thing I know how to cook that doesn’t come out of a cereal box.  According to the quiz, if I reduced the amount of meat I eat, my footprint would be reduced to 4.1 earths.  If I bought products that used less packaging, my footprint would be reduced to 3.9 earths.  If I did both, my footprint would be reduced to 3.8 earths.  Even though my results were lower than the American average, I would like my results to be lower. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment